Sunday, April 26, 2009

Finishing the floors

Here's a shot of the sanded floors before the finish was applied.  I took the picture from the corner of the dining room, so you see the kitchen to the right, the living room through the opening, and the pantry is the white closet-looking thing.

Here's Kyre taking the first dip of finish.  They started in our closet.

Evan applying stain in the dining room.  It is a clear stain that is a satin finish which means it is not very shiny.  It looks very shiny here because it's wet.

A close-up

1 can down, 8 to go!


The floors are finished now, but I'm lame and haven't taken any pictures of them.  At this point, we're about to do the driveway and grass outside.  Then the cabinets, sinks and toilets.  It's a matter of weeks!!!  We can't wait!

3 comments:

  1. How exciting! I can't wait to see everything done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so exciting! Soon we'll be neighbors :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow- the floors look awesome! i still can't believe evan built the house himself- amazing!

    ReplyDelete