Sunday, January 17, 2010

A reason, a season or a lifetime

There's a saying that goes something like that in reference to why people come in and out of our lives. Well, this wonderful woman in the pic with me, I believe, is in my life for all 3 categories. I adore her! I first met her in 7th grade (this photo is just a little old) as she was my homeroom and math teacher. I know it sounds crazy, but even as a 7th grade student in her class, I looked up to her as a big sister. She was always so positive, up beat and kind! We just had a special connection. In fact, she ended up naming her daughter Karley. What an honor! We kept in touch for a couple of years, but unfortunately lost track of one another when we left the school.

Okay, fast forward about 8 years. In 2006 while I was engaged, I was taking a Sunday School class taught by a gentleman with the same last name as my beloved 7th grade math teacher. Believe it or not, he is her brother in law and he gave me her phone number! I was beyond excited when I called her. It was truly amazing to hear her voice again, just as I had remembered it. We must have talked for hours.

We have since kept in touch and shared some great times together. I am so grateful she is part of my life once again. It has been a powerful lesson to keep loved ones close to me, always. Life is too short to let amazingly wonderful people slip away. I love her!!!

1 comment:

  1. What a cool story. So glad that you found your friend again after so many years. And age is just a number, I have a few really close friends that are in their 50's and 60's, and I'm so blessed to have their friendship.

    ReplyDelete