I arrived home at my usual 3:30 on a Friday afternoon from work to discover Evan's truck was missing and he wasn't in bed. Strange, I thought since he had worked the night before and should've been sleeping to go back to work. I then panicked and thought he might have gotten bad news about his Dad who had been in the ER the day before, but had ended up going home healthy (thank goodness!). So, I begin calling, and calling, and calling him. I come to the conclusion that his Dad must be back in the ER and Evan has no service in the hospital and I must go there, but he finally answers, cheerfully I might add. Tricky man is at the mall purchasing my Christmas gift like a month early. Totally out of character. Maybe it's the night shift making him act so strange. Early gift buying and Evan are 2 things that just don't go together. I love surprises but I hate them at the same time, I had to know what was soooo great that he'd lose sleep to buy it for me.
So, I piece it together and figure out he's buying me the lamps I've been searching for all over town and on the internet. I call him right back to tell him how happy I am because I'm thrilled that he found them. Well, I ruined the surprise. Oops! He gave them to me as soon as he got home. It would've been cool to have 2 big packages under the tree, but I ruined that. I made sure I used them on Christmas!

No comments:
Post a Comment