Saturday, April 17, 2010

Spring in my step

Time for a change! Feeling/being fat, never wanting photos of me, being out of shape and tired, it all has to change! I have struggled with my weight from the day I quit dancing in 2003. I always want to change, and sometimes I do, but it is always temporary. Why? I love myself, I know I’m worth it, what is my deal? I always say, "I’m too busy" or even better, "Too tired." But after some shocking medical findings at the ripe ol’ age of 25, I am getting my booty in gear!

I am not a very organized person. My thought process is very random and impulsive. So, to help myself out in other areas of my life I make lists (i.e. shopping lists, daily to-do lists and I couldn’t survive without my planner). Here’s hoping writing it all out will help me get in shape!

I must admit that while I do want to be healthy, a large part of me (hah, large! Get it?) wants to simply LOOK good!

Weekly Plan

Exercise

Food

Reward

Monday

30 mins. Walking

crunches, push ups

3 meals, 2 snacks, 1 dessert

Watch Ellen


Tuesday


30 min. video

stretch


3-2-1


GREAT TV night


Wednesday


35-40 min. walking

crunches, push ups


3-2-1


Idol results



Thursday


30 min. video

stretch


3-2-1


Paint my toenails


Friday


30 min. video

stretch


3-2-1


Buy 1 song on iTunes


Saturday


45-50 min. walking


3-2-1


Watch a movie!

Sunday

Rules of the game:

OFF!!!!

3-2-1

REST!!!!!

  1. Rewards cannot be related to food (except dates with Evan).
  2. Balanced diet, with at least 3 fruits and 3 veggies and 3 proteins per day.
  3. No snacking from the box or bag. Amount must be pre-measured.
  4. Grocery shopping ONLY from the list (which I will make after a large meal when I am nice and full)
  5. 2 sodas per week- use them wisely!
  6. Dessert must be reasonable (I know what that means)
  7. No calorie counting
  8. Exercise plan and rewards will be adapted and/or extended as time passes and as my schedule changes.
  9. Take a multi-vitamin daily.
  10. Take blood pressure weekly.
  11. Final reward: Photos of Evan and me by KimBe photography!

6 comments:

  1. Great idea! I am ALL about the list making! I love the reward idea and I def could use a 2 sodas per week limit as well. ( I have 2 a day! EEK!) Although i am a calorie counter. Kinda obsessed w/it actually. I need to stop cuz it gets too overwhelming and too much to think about!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go Karley! You're a good example for me. I'm just lazy when it comes to exercise. I know you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. M- We'll see if it actually works! I've totally done the calorie counting in the past and it caused me to obsess over how many calories I had left for the day. Plus, I would totally blow my daily calories on chips and junk food, leaving me with a very unbalanced diet. It definitely makes sense to count calories, I just don't have the discipline to make it work! Anyway girl, you tiny! What are you doing counting calories?

    B- Thanks for the encouragement! Last time I checked, which was today, you totally don't have anything to worry about!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are amazing!! I too need to go on an exercise plan/healthy eating plan--I may be stealing your outline. I've tried all the commercial diets, calorie counting, etc. and it's just too much thinking and restriction. Also, if you ever want company walking or doing a video let me know--I may even be comical relief! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. great idea to make a schedule. something I've found very helpful is green tea! drink it all the time and it will help you lose weight. And there's lots of yummy flavors now like peach and jasmine passion fruit. Good luck! You have such a cute blog. :)

    nicole visiting from
    http://lettersfromcoco.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete