Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Check out my new moves


Sorry for the blurriness, but my swift punch broke a board in half!!! The camera couldn't quite keep up with my new mad skills I learned tonight. It was basically the best Enrichment EVER! First of all, we had vegetarian food. How much better can it get, you ask? We had a great Spiritual presentation about the importance of following the promptings of the Holy Ghost. The best line of defense against danger is promptings from the Spirit. Then, we had a hands on self defense class. I feel so empowered and prepared for a dangerous situation (although I hope I'm never in a situation where I need to use my slick moves). We got to practice some real techniques with our friends, like poking one another in the throat and breaking away when they grab your arm. And of course, breaking a board at the end. Here are some tips I picked up this evening:
1. Be aware of your surroundings. Always be aware of people around you and their proximity to you and walk confidently.
2. ALWAYS lock all of your doors. If you know me, you know I lock the car doors before I even start the car. That goes for your house too, lock all doors immediately after entering/exiting.
3. Predators want to catch you off guard, but you have to be prepared to fight back at all times.
4. Instead of having a trusting attitude, be a little skeptical (this is a tough one, but so important).
5. Always inform someone of your plans so they know when to expect you home or to a certain destination.
6. NEVER go with anyone, no matter what they threaten you with.
7. Carry some $1 bills in your pocket, so if anyone ever asks you for money on the street you can throw the cash and walk the other way.
8. Always make sure your cell phone is with you and charged.
9. And most importantly... TRUST YOUR INSTINCTS AND FOLLOW THE SPIRIT. If you feel like something or someone isn't right, then it isn't! If you change your plans or your path you may be avoiding a terrible tragedy.

Of course, I also learned some tight moves that can't be explained on this here blog. I'd be happy to show you, so ask me all about it the next time you see me.

No comments:

Post a Comment