Wednesday, June 23, 2010

My little drama queen


One of my sisters is in the process of moving, so I've been helping her by watching her kids. My niece is 3 and is just so sassy but I just love her. I was taking her to Barnes & Noble today to get her out of the packing chaos and away from her 1 year old brother. As we got in the car she wanted to watch a movie which I was fine with, but my sister has a "no movie watching while driving around town" rule. She was so close to tricking Aunt Karley into breaking the rule but her mom caught us in the driveway. Little missy was so upset, no tears, but definitely disappointed. As we drove away I was asking her "Are you sad? Are you upset? Are you excited to go to the bookstore?" To which she replied, "I'm not sad and I'm not happy. Just drive"

Once we got to the bookstore she was thrilled! She wanted everything Alice in Wonderland because my sister won't let her see the Johnny Depp version (it is a little creepy). Do you notice a common theme? Very strong willed little thing! Luckily, the stage there was a big distraction. She loves to perform in any way, singing, acting or dancing. I hope she gets into musical theater, she will be amazing at it! Not to mention that she missed out on her parent's amazingly athletic genes and somehow got stuck with Aunt Karley's not-so-athletic genes! Here she is singing "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star" to me and anyone who will listen at Barnes & Noble.


1 comment:

  1. Love that quote "just dirve." classic :) I miss you Karley thanks for putting stuff on your blog!

    ReplyDelete