I have always struggled with aging. Even when I turned 4 I wanted to stay 3. When my 4th birthday party was starting my family found me crying in my room because I didn't want to be 4! While I still don't like aging I do love a good birthday party or these days we take little trips. Evan worked on my birthday this year so I hung out with my mom. It just so happened that ALL of my siblings were out of town but it was great to spend some QT with my mom. She even made a cake and invited her best friend over to sing with her.
I've long admired Fiestaware dishes and my sweet sister Hyliqua got me a gift card to get just that for my 26th. She's too good to me! I love my dishes!!!
The following week when Evan was off we took off for St. Augustine for a combo late anniversary trip/birthday trip. We named our own price on priceline and got an amazing deal at a golf resort. It was perfect because there was something for everyone there. Outlet malls for both of us (we have a shopping fetish), golfing for him and a touristy/historic town for me. The restaurant had the biggest onion rings I've ever seen!
The majority of our time was spent at the outlet malls shopping our little hearts out but I didn't snap any pics there. So here is our "tour" day. We bought an historic trolley tour ride and cruised from attraction to attraction all day long. First stop (and favorite) was the Fountain of Youth and its park.
My only regret from this trip is tasting this water. Not worth being youthful if you ask me... Little did I know I'd be drinking a ton of something worse in less than a month but I'll save that for another post.
I always feel silly posing by myself but it wasn't very busy so there weren't many opportunities for pics of both of us.
I didn't make him take this or anything, poor guy!
Largest globe, cool show
There is a cannon firing every hour at the park and this man was in costume as a conquistador. He had a legit accent and everything. He explained the history and how loud it would be and then went to fire the cannon. I began walking away quickly so my poor ears didn't have to ring all day and Evan was joking around and making a scene like I was scared (he loves to embarrass me). So the conquistador stops in his tracks, turns to me, pounds his chest and yells "HAVE COURAGE!!!" I wanted to disappear and I didn't need courage, I needed my hearing!
I had to go to the bathroom really bad so we were basically running back to the front of the park to use their facilities but when I saw this statue I had to pose for a quick pic! Evan thought I lost my mind!
Peacocks (even a white one) on the way out just chillin. They are beautiful birds. I wanted them to put their feathers out so bad but they never gave me the honor. Bummer.
These are agave plants and we have a painting of one in our living room :)
Breathtaking street outside of the park.
Snuggling up with Sheriff Joe outside the Old Jail.
Rumor has it that people who committed crimes would be put in this cage naked and be left to hang from a tree. Glad that practice is obsolete!
This was not comfy... I still had smiles though!
The teachers used to live at the school upstairs. Talk about not taking your work home with you.
Putting outside of our hotel. Evan's highlight of the trip.
Sunny day!
Goodbye St. Augustine! We also rented a little SUV that we didn't want to take back :( All good things must come to an end.

No comments:
Post a Comment