Monday, January 3, 2011

Anna Maria Island, FL- Part 1

For years and years my family (if you want to get technical, it's my Dad's ex-wife's family) has gotten together every 4th of July at Anna Maria Island. My brothers and sisters who are in their 40's can recall going there every summer for their entire lives. Evan and I got to go for the 2nd time since we've been married this past July and we even got our own little cottage. One of the very kind and very generous cousins rents what we like to call the "compound" for the entire family (see yellow outline below). It is made up of houses, apartments and studios that are all cottage style and it is FANTASTIC!!
The interior of our cozy little cottage.
Just after we carried our luggage in the skies opened! Evan was already at the family dinner but I had stayed behind to unpack and didn't want to leave our dry cottage.
Suddenly I heard a knock at the door and it was my romanic & resourceful husband with the umbrella from the outdoor table coming to escort me to the family dinner. What a sweetie!
This was no light sprinkle!
The next day was beautiful and the boys went deep sea fishing for the day. They caught lots of fish, came home to cook it and fed us all dinner.
I actually ate a piece! First fish I've had in 16+ years. The secret batter had graham cracker crumbs which gave me the final nudge to try it. It was actually pretty tasty! At least the little fishies had happy and free lives before being caught...

2 comments:

  1. You ate fish? What a cute little cottage too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did! I've eaten it twice since then too! I've had a fried grouper sandwich and a bite of Evan's salmon. Not horrible but I haven't fallen in love yet...

    ReplyDelete