We attended this Light the Night Walk for Leukemia and Lymphoma in honor of a 6 year old little girl we know who is currently battling Leukemia. She is a very brave and determined girl and her family is so loving and supportive. Her prognosis is good and we hope all goes well for her and her family.
In a sea of red balloons, my mom gets to hold a white balloon signifying her battle and triumph not once, but twice, over Non Hodgkins Lymphoma. I am so grateful for her will to live, her optimism and her "edginess" that gave her the strength to fight that terrible disease. I am so glad I didn't lose her at the age of 7 or 16. I wouldn't be me without her. She is a huge inspiration to me. I love her more than words can say.

No comments:
Post a Comment