The other night I came out of our room and discovered Evan at the kitchen sink cleaning dishes. I read the bottom of his shirt "Deeds not words" and it hit me like a freight train: the man shows his love, his support, his kindness through his actions everyday. This was his way of "telling" me that he loves and cares for me. After giving him a seriously huge hug I pulled out my phone to take his photo (he knew there would be a blog post coming soon). I wanted always to remember this moment & this realization.
My love turned 29 this past weekend and boy am I glad he was born! We really are opposites in many ways but somehow we fit just perfectly. He truly does complete me. I love to express myself through language either written or spoken. I have often criticized him in the past for being so "quiet" but as we've grown in our marriage it has become one of my favorite qualities of his. He shows his love and feelings in countless ways and never expects praise or attention for his good deeds. In fact, he doesn't accept compliments very well, perhaps it embarrasses him. I'll probably never know. I am so thankful for his gentle and quiet presence in my life and all of the ways he shows his love for me.
P.S. One of my favorite little things we do that he initiated is he does this loud kissy, smoochy sound when we are in different rooms in the house and then I do it back so we can share a long distance smooch. I might get in trouble for sharing that little tidbit but I'm willing to risk it!

I have to say that shirt fits him so well! I couldn't imagine a different phrase that would suit him better. Love you guys!
ReplyDeleteNO way!! We totally do the long distance smooch thing! That is so funny.
ReplyDeleteWhat a perfect time for this post!
ReplyDeleteSo cute! I just love you guys!
ReplyDeleteEmily- I love you too!
ReplyDeleteMeg- the long distance smooch thing is reserved exclusively for good looking, intelligent and witty couples. No wonder you do it too!!!
Sarah- totally not intentional but I'm glad it worked out :)
Katie- Love you guys too! It has been too long since I've seen you. I have been thinking about your amazing mac & cheese lately...
Evan is a sweetheart...I've known that for a long long time. He has done so much for us and we just love him! We have just got to have you guys over sometime...to see if Anna will remember you!! Can you believe it has been almost three years since you stayed here while we were in China...times flies! Sweet post!
ReplyDeleteAs soon as this cold weather is over, I'm totally down with starting walking :)And BTW you and Evan are super cute.
ReplyDelete