I'm not sure what has gotten into me lately but ever since I got home from babysitting at my sister's house (see below) I have been cooking up a storm (which means 3 nights in a row). The other strange thing is that I've cleaned up my mess immediately. Evan has been wondering where his wife went and when she's coming home!!! I've been cooking new recipes too which is completely out of the ordinary! I made him (and the missionaries) baked chicken which looked super yummy until I remembered it was a dead animal, gets me every time. For sides I made homemade macaroni and cheese, lima beans (my favorite bean) and broccoli. It occurred to me that I can make homemade mac & cheese any old time but for some reason I had it stuck in my head that I could only make it at holidays, silly me!
On Thursday night I made eggs successfully for the first time ever!!! I know they should be simple but I ALWAYS mess up scrambled eggs. Usually I ask Evan to make them but I was feeling fearless that evening and I did it! I also made belgian waffles. We had some leftover so I popped them in the freezer. This morning's breakfast consisted of leftover waffles that I popped in the toaster oven to bake topped with Nutella, fresh strawberries and whipped cream! Delicious!
This evening I made ginger glazed Mahi Mahi (first time EVER making fish) with oven baked potatoes and sauteed green beans. Another new and delicious meal and I even ate some of the fish! For some reason I can justify eating fish every now and again because I don't consider it an animal. I made sure I was extra grateful for it though since it gave up its life for me to eat it.
Here's hoping this trend of cooking and cleaning continues!
I bet you are sorry I am posting more regularly here in the '0-1-1. No more fun trips and posts with lots of photos. Just my life. Excitement over nieces and nephews and cooking. Yes, I live on the edge!

wow! I am impressed ... fish even cooked inside the house! :) love you!
ReplyDeleteDon't be surprised if we wonder on over ;) Sounds delicious!
ReplyDeleteMahi Mahi...that means you are definitely a chef now. I would have to watch a video on how to cook it first before I'd even have a clue what to do. P.S. I LOVE lima beans too! They are my favorite :)
ReplyDelete